Call your moble network operator to disable GPRS/ EDGE /3G. However this is case to case basic, some operator may refuse your request. *take note that you could not receive MMS, online anymore too. this can help you save plenty of money epecially when you go oversea. (because iphone still downloading data eg AGPS, weather info.. without our knowledge and you will bear the data roaming charges.
* For MAXIS user : SIMPLY Cancel the Maxis 3G & GPRS Service by keyin *136*4# and press “dial” on your iPhone.
Remember that you may enable it again any time by calling your operator helpdesk.
then you can
- turn off 3G (Disable this to save money)
- turn off EDGE (Disable as well)
- go to Setting
- Then go to General
- go to Network
- now go to Cellular Data Network
- go into APN, fill in fake Username and Password
- restart Iphone
Related Headlines forDisable Iphone GPRS/ EDGE /3G data charges
- 2010 new way to disable / stop iPhone 3Gs Edge/ GPRS data charges
- Disable / turn off iPhone 3Gs via iPhonenodata
- Disable & stop the iPad/iPhone 4G 3G/EDGE/GPRS data connection :Unlockit
- Disable & Stop iPhone 3G , GPRS , EDGE Data Charges (Firmaware 3.1.2)
- NEW , 2010 solution 5 Steps to disable & stop iPhone / iPad 3Gs 3g/ GPRS/ Edge data charges